Anne Arundel Gastroenterology Associates is now hiring Nurse Practitioners to join their highly trained, dynamic team of 13 providers. This is a fast-paced environment with 6 satellite locations: Annapolis (on-site ASC), Stevensville, Odenton, Bowie, Pasadena, and Greenbelt.
- Compensation: commensurate with experience
- Benefits: comprehensive health benefits, PTO, and CME
- Prior Gastroenterology experience, but not required
- Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Treat digestive diseases through comprehensive history taking, physical exams, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Diagnose, treat, evaluate, and manage acute and chronic illness and disease.
- Obtain medical histories and conduct physical examinations.
- Make decisions regarding data gathering and appropriate management and treatment of patients being seen for the initial evaluation of a problem or the follow-up evaluation of a previously diagnosed and stabilized condition.
- Maintain accurate documentation in the patients’ medical records.
- Document symptom assessment; communicate with collaborating physician(s).
- Initiate requests for commonly performed laboratory studies and diagnostic tests.
- Prescribe medications for acute and chronic illnesses to the extent authorized by state regulations.
- Counsel and educate patients on health behaviors, self-care skills, and treatment options.
- Participate in medical staff and other meetings and committees, community awareness activities, and staff training.
- Report errors of commission/omission immediately. Function within the legal limits of the scope of the practice.
- Refer patients to health programs and community resources for health guidance and specialty clinics.
- Maintain a current and valid federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate to prescribe controlled substances.
- Clinically competent; possess and exercise the degree of learning, skill, and care ordinarily possessed and exercised by a member of the appropriate discipline in clinical practice.
- Must know limits and make appropriate referrals in situations beyond the practitioner’s ability, training, and education.
- Must be compassionate, conscientious, and meticulous, as well as possess excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Teamwork; Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views. Contributes to building a positive work environment.
- Must engage in Continuing Medical Education activities to maintain validity of certification and participate in available in-service programs.
Anne Arundel Gastroenterology Associates, P.A.
820 Bestgate Road, Annapolis, MD 21401
Anne Arundel Gastroenterology Associates (AAGA) provides high-quality GI care across our clinics located in Annapolis, Pasadena, Bowie and Kent Island, Maryland. Our mission at AAGA is to offer our patients quality health care and customer service.
AAGA’s 10 fellowship-trained, board-certified physicians and three nurse practitioners are experts in their fields. At both our practice and our ambulatory surgery center, we use the latest technology and diagnostic testing to thoroughly evaluate GI symptoms and correctly identify diagnoses.
As Maryland’s capital city Annapolis is a lively, upbeat, contemporary city where four centuries of history and architecture embrace 21st-century living. Here all roads lead to the water and a nautical heritage intrinsically linked to the Chesapeake Bay. Located equidistant from Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, residents and tourists alike have easy access to Baltimore Washington International Airport Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), and Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD). Annapolis is also home to the United States Naval Academy, Ranked #1 Top Public School by US News World Report.